My Chicken Bacon Ranch CasseroleThere is just something about a chicken bacon ranch casserole that just fits. My family will agree with me. And so you have a chance to test it with your family I am going to share the recipe with you so you can give it a try.
A Few IngredientsThis makes 8 servings
- 4 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz. freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- It helps to pull the cream cheese out of the refrigerator ahead of time so that it can soften.
- 12 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1.5 lbs of fresh mushrooms
- ½ packet of ranch seasoning (4 tsp)
- Fresh cracked pepper is a requirement, don’t skip this part
- Start by baking the bacon.
- Line a pan with aluminum foil and place the bacon on it.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Cooking times may vary depending upon the thickness of the bacon.
- The foil lined pan makes cleanup easy and very easy to save your grease, which is great for cooking.
- Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add bacon grease (or olive oil, butter, whatever) to a pan on medium and toss the chicken in.
- Season with the ranch packet.
- You want to make sure to cook the chicken mostly all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking wash and slice up your mushrooms.
- When the chicken is finished remove it from the pan and cook the mushrooms.
- Season these if you want with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook them until they get to the consistency that you prefer.
- Add the finished ingredients to a large greased (makes cleanup easy) casserole dish.
- When the bacon is finished chop it up into bite sized pieces and add all of the ingredients to the casserole dish, including the cheese, and mix thoroughly.
- Important: top with fresh cracked black pepper!!
- Set your oven to 350 degrees and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Cook for 30 minutes covered and then 10-15 minutes uncovered.
- Let the casserole sit for about 15 minutes before serving it.
NoteMy mother makes this (I actually found the recipe) and she has made some changes to the base. I don’t like them but my husband will gobble both up without thinking twice so I will share her changes with you as well:
Ingredients and Directions
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 packet of Ranch Dip Seasoning (just used the half that I didn’t put with the chicken)
- Mix together and pour over mixture before baking